The time is here again when we all reflect on what we can do to to make our lives better. This usually comes out in the form of New Year’s resolutions. While you are making your New Year’s Resolutions list, here are 5 ways to protect your hearing health in the New Year.
- Protect Yourself from Noise-Induced Hearing Loss: One of the biggest dangers to hearing is noise-induced hearing loss. Be prepared with ear plugs everywhere you go, just in case things get too noisy.
- Turn Down the Volume on Your Mobile Phone: Talking on the phone or listening to media with headphones can be dangerous for your hearing without you even recognizing it. Most mobile devices are equipped with a noise level warning, but as a general rule, keep the volume under 60%.
- Eat Healthy: Although this may be a popular New Year’s resolution for other reasons, a healthy diet can help protect your hearing too.
- Exercise: Another common New Year’s resolution is to exercise more. Just like eating right, exercising can also preserve your hearing health when you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- See Your Hearing Professional Regularly: Untreated hearing loss can lead to complications including further damage to your hearing. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that if you already have hearing loss, it can’t get worse. Visiting our clinics for regular hearing assessments and checkups can keep your hearing health in the best shape possible.
You Can Rely on the Experts at Anderson Audiology
Give us a call. Make an appointment. Change your life.
At Anderson Audiology, we are always here to help you through all aspects of your hearing health. If you have any questions about hearing loss or hearing aids, please contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our hearing professionals today. We have 5 convenient audiology office locations in southern Nevada to choose from including: Green Valley, Sun City Summerlin, Aliante / Centennial, Henderson, or Rainbow / Desert Inn.