Navigating the world of fashion and functionality can be challenging, especially when it comes to accessorizing with hearing aids. A common question that arises is: Can you wear earrings with hearing aids? The answer is a resounding yes!
In this blog, we’ll explore how to stylishly and comfortably combine earrings with your hearing aids, addressing common concerns and providing practical tips.
Understanding the Compatibility
Firstly, it’s important to understand that hearing aids and earrings can coexist comfortably. The key is to consider the type of hearing aid you use and the style of earrings that best complement them.
Types of Hearing Aids and Earring Styles
Depending on the type of hearing aid you wear, you may want to consider a different style of earring. The best matches are highlighted below:
- Behind-The-Ear (BTE) Hearing Aids: These are the most common hearing aids. When wearing BTE aids, opt for studs or small hoops to avoid interference. Dangling earrings can be worn, but ensure they don’t tangle with the hearing aid.
- In-The-Ear (ITE) and In-The-Canal (ITC) Hearing Aids: These are less visible and offer more flexibility in earring choice. You can comfortably wear hoops, studs, or dangles.
- Completely-In-Canal (CIC) and Invisible-In-Canal (IIC) Hearing Aids: With these, almost any earring style works, as the hearing aid is barely noticeable.
Tips for Wearing Earrings with Hearing Aids
Keep your hearing aids safe when wearing earrings with these simple tips:
- Comfort is Key: Choose lightweight earrings to reduce strain on your ears, especially if you wear larger hearing aids.
- Avoid Interference: Ensure your earrings don’t physically interfere with the hearing aid’s microphone or battery compartment.
- Be Mindful of Materials: If you have sensitive skin, opt for hypoallergenic earrings to avoid irritation where the hearing aid sits.
- Putting Them On and Taking Them Off: Always remove your earrings before taking off or putting on your hearing aids to avoid snagging.
- Consider Magnetic Earrings: For those who find traditional earrings uncomfortable with hearing aids, magnetic earrings can be a great alternative.
Addressing Common Concerns
Common concerns involved with wearing your hearing aids with earrings can include feedback and / or sensitivity. Some solutions can include:
- Feedback Noise: Sometimes, earrings can cause the hearing aid to produce feedback. Opt for smaller earrings if this occurs.
- Allergies and Sensitivities: If you have skin sensitivities, consult with a dermatologist for suitable earring materials that won’t irritate your skin.
Wearing earrings with hearing aids doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With the right knowledge and a bit of creativity, you can enjoy accessorizing without compromising on comfort or hearing aid functionality. Remember, personal style and hearing health can go hand in hand!
Need Help? Contact Us Today!
Remember, our local hearing professionals are here to assist with any questions about your hearing. We’re on hand to provide guidance on the best hearing aid devices for you. Contact Anderson Audiology today on 702-997-2964. Alternatively, click here to request an appointment online.