No doubt, you are making your holiday shopping list and checking it twice. Not everyone is easy to buy for though. We are here to help you cross some items off your list with suggested gift ideas for people with hearing loss. Now all the loved ones on your holiday list can get something they really appreciate including those with hearing loss or hearing aids.
- Digital Doorbells: You may have seen these new, high tech digital doorbells and they might be on a wish list, even for those without hearing loss. However, they really help out for those who are hard of hearing because they alert your phone when someone is at your door. You can see who it is too, which is ideal for those who can’t hear or can’t hear well.
- Sign Language Tools: Is your loved one learning sign language? A book on ASL or even a class or smartphone application would be the perfect gift this holiday!
- Alternative Alarm Clocks for the Hearing Impaired: Alarm clocks are now available that are specially designed for those who can’t hear. Even people who have hearing aids typically don’t wear them at night. So, how can they know when to wake up when traditional alarm clocks use sound? New alarm clocks for hearing loss use vibrations or lighting.
- Hearing Aids for Children’s Toys: Kids with hearing loss can now see they aren’t alone when their toys have hearing aids too! American Girl dolls are very popular and have many different accessories available including hearing aids. Build A Bear Workshop, known for their custom stuffed animal toys that kids build themselves in the store also now has hearing aids available as an accessory for little one’s newest best friends.When kids see that hearing aids are just accessories like hats and shoes, they can feel better about wearing them too.
- Hearing Aid Case or Dehumidifier: Hearing aids are a big investment and need special care and protection. One way to ensure excellent care for them is by putting them in a case when they are not being worn. This helps keep them dry and safe from spills, falls, and pets. If your loved one lives in a humid environment, an even better option than a plain case is a dehumidifier case. It’s a great tool that can help extend the life of hearing aids by keeping all the delicate and sensitive parts inside them dry inside and out.
You Can Rely on the Experts at Anderson Audiology
Give us a call. Make an appointment. Change your life.
At Anderson Audiology, we are always here to help you through all aspects of your hearing health. If you have any questions about hearing loss or hearing aids, please contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our hearing professionals today. We have 5 convenient audiology office locations in southern Nevada to choose from including: Green Valley, Sun City Summerlin, Aliante / Centennial, Henderson, or Rainbow / Desert Inn.